After a scorching summer no doubt filled with lots of fun, it’s now time for the new school year! It’s now time to ensure your car is a safe as possible before hitting the school run!
Here are a few things to consider…
Keeping your car in tip top working order is paramount, we don’t want you breaking down on the school run, nothing is more frustrating than braking down with young children in the car … Here are a few quick checks that will keep you moving:
- Ensure the windows on your car are clean and free from anything that could obstruct your view! This might be as simple as washing away the summer dust and dirt! Bearing that in mind, make sure your windscreen fluids are topped up with both washer fluid and antifreeze … it’s going to start getting very cold!
- Check your tyre pressure, oil level, coolant level and as mentioned previously your windscreen washer fluid level. Making sure you keep on top of these basic checks will ensure you avoid some of the most common breakdown problems.
- Make sure your wiper blades aren’t smearing your screen, if they are get them changed! Punch your reg into our reg look up to find the front wipers, rear wipers and wiper blade arms for your vehicle!
- Child Locks and Window Locks – Ensure that the child door and window locks are activated before you take on the school run! They are often found on the drivers’ door card by the window switches, or on newer cars they can be found on the menu settings.
- Lighting – The days are becoming shorter and your lights will need to be used before you know it. Your lights allow you to be seen by other road users, which helps keep you and your family safe! Check all bulbs are working as they should be! Damage to your vehicle’s lighting units themselves can also put your safety at risk, check out our range of headlights, rear lights, fog lights, indicators and DRL’s for replacements, ure use the opportunity to upgrade them with our performance custom lighting.
- Seatbelts and car seats – And most importantly ensure your little ones are buckled up properly! Ensure seatbelts are in working order and booster seats and car seats are fastened correctly within the legal guidelines!
Last but not least, resist the road rage!!! Keep your cool whilst navigating the busy school streets!! The Ultimate Styling Team wish you safe driving all year round!